A Few Significant Reasons to Invest In White Shaker Cabinets in Your Dream Kitchen
Classic white kitchens are the dream of many homeowners and so are the white cabinets. They are always trendy, updated, and ‘in style’. White gives you the opportunity to add some interest to your dull kitchen. You may add color or texture to any part of the room.
There are many benefits of using white cabinets in your all-white kitchen. Let’s discuss some of the major benefits of installing such cabinets in your cooking room.
- Timeless – White doesn’t need to be trendy. It is always in trend and style. White shaker kitchen cabinets are a safe bet as they won’t go out of fashion any time soon. Shaker cabinets have been popular for years. And they are still a preferred choice especially to those who are planning to sell their home soon. White cabinets are gorgeous. They are versatile. With them, you can choose any paint color for other parts and accessories of the room like backsplash and countertop without comprising the beauty of white. White cabinets allow achieving the kitchen appearance goal you have always looked for. With white cabinets, you can make changes or replacements to the kitchen without giving a second thought. If you think, for example, that the wall color is looking dull after a few years, just repaint the wall with the color of your choice. White cabinets go well with traditional, transitional, and modern kitchens.
- Bright and crisp – If your kitchen is small in size, light-colored kitchen cabinets like white cabinets work absolutely amazing. They make the room feel bigger. Also, they bring an open, bright, and fresh look to the whole room and enhance the light, both natural and artificial, inside the space. Light colored cabinetry ensures a sanitary, clean, and crisp look while creating an airy and bright feel to the entire space.
- Attractive – Since there is no color in the cabinets, the natural canvas helps other darker parts and details of the kitchen along with the white cabinets make the kitchen more attractive. If the cabinets are piano paint gloss or matte, the surfaces get bright and enhanced by white. If the cabinets have wood grains, the subtle details are likely to stand out.
- Enhanced home value – Elegant white shaker cabinets make your kitchen brighter lighter and crispier. They make the cooking area more attractive to people while making your house more marketable. If you have a plan to sell your house in near future, a white kitchen would be the right choice for you. Potential buyers are not likely to be put off by dark cabinets. In the case of cherry cabinets, for instance, buyers won’t feel attracted unless they like the look of the wood, in particular. But with white, you don’t have to face such issues. White is a universal color and has an appealing effect on most buyers.
Maintenance of white cabinets
Maintenance is something that comes along with any kitchen cabinets and white is no different. If you are planning to install white cabinet units in the kitchen, you likely cringe at the thought of maintaining the same. Don’t worry, it won’t be rocket science. By following some simple yet regular steps, you can easily maintain the whiteness of the cabinetry.
- Direct sunlight is a curse – By all means, try to keep the white shaker cabinets away from the reach of direct sunlight. Sunlight badly damage white kitchens. It can make the kitchen yellowish. So, don’t install the cabinets where there is the entry of sunlight. But if you don’t have an alternate option, use blinds, sheer, or drapes. Apart from toning down the light, they will beautify the kitchen as well.
- An exhaust fan is a must – You should have an exhaust fan or a chimney in your kitchen, especially if it is a white one. The fan keeps the fumes away while making the kitchen less greasy and oily.
Well, installing white kitchen cabinets is always beneficial for homeowners. All you need to be a bit careful about their maintenance.