A Few Authentic Walnut Cabinet Ideas to Vamp Up Your Kitchen
These days, homeowners consider walnut cabinets to be a significant element to enhance the overall look of their kitchen as well as the home. The cabinets are used mostly for storage purposes. But they have other utilities as well. People prefer to install these trendy and chic cabinets as they can perfectly complement the rest of the home’s appearance.
As you’re planning for a kitchen renovation project, it would be a great idea to consider walnut kitchen cabinets. They are featured with some elements to change the look of the entire space and take the appearance to the next level. The cabinets are available in several versions. Choose any as per the requirement of your household.
Timeless ideas for walnut cabinetry
- Modern kitchens – In recent times, walnut has been emerged to be popular in terms of material. With trendy ideas, the wood has been placed in a more contemporary setting. There was a time when the walnut cabinetry was recognized as a dark, dingy, and sleek one. Though walnut is not easily available, unlike plywood or maple wood still people love it to have in their modern kitchen as a great material to deal with.
- Black walnut – Black walnut is the leader and a follower as well. It complements any type of kitchen design. Black walnut kitchen cabinets are the center of attraction while defining other elements of the kitchen. The cabinets are known for spreading warmth. They create a relaxing ambiance throughout.
- Traditional kitchens – Carpenters always prefer to work with walnut for ease of customization. For regular use, the medium-hard quality of the wood is good enough. This quality can be designed into something exclusive. They are a popular choice for kitchen cabinets, especially for traditional kitchens owing to their durability. There are only a few woods that are the right choice for carving intricate details needed for traditional kitchen furniture. And walnut is one of the most important of them.
- Red walnut – This is the rarest version of walnut wood. Kitchen furniture made from this wood matches with some specific styles. The wood ensures a relaxing and warm vibe in the kitchen both at night and during the daytime. It provides a fancy look to the cooking space with its fascinating and vibrant hue. Though not all homeowners prefer red for their kitchen, owners of houses with a vintage look usually prefer them.
- Rustic design – The rustic walnut version has a unique wood pattern and grains on every drawer. These raw cabinets without any stain come in natural wood color. Rustic walnut cabinets have a minimalistic approach. They are ideal for kitchens having fewer cabinets. But this might not be a perfect choice for big families as they would need more cabinets.
Walnut wood is a preferred choice for kitchen cabinets owing to its bright look and durability. It is much more durable in comparison to other woods. As you’re planning to incorporate cabinets made of this wood for your kitchen, consider the ideas discussed here.